July 12 - 15, 2006
You are receiving this message because you are registered for the upcoming Starting Student Space Hardware Programs V workshop. According to the website, you were supposed to receive this by July 5, 2006. If you haven’t sent payment, please send an update to let us know when to expect payment. If for some reason you are no longer planning on attending, please let me know ASAP. I would advise everyone to look at the “Who’s Coming” list to make sure your name is on there. If isn’t, let me know as soon as possible.
The Colorado Space Grant Consortium is
looking forward to your arrival for the upcoming Starting Student Space
Hardware Programs V Workshop on
Many of you are now beginning to think about what to bring to this workshop or may have some questions you would like to have answered. Please feel free to contact me directly at the number below or at the COSGC main phone number 303-492-3141.
A couple of things about the workshop:
1. Dress is very relaxed. Remember this is a "hands-on" workshop, you may not want to get solder, glue or adhesive on your nice suit.
2. Recommended but not at all required is a laptop. If you have one, please bring it. Two days during the construction of payloads, each team will be programming sensors via a laptop. The more we have the better. PC is preferred with serial port or USB to serial converter.
3. The balloon launch on Saturday will be in
4. Please take a look at the agenda.
If you are planning on flying into
5. The Boulder Outlook: If you are staying at the Boulder Outlook, you are a short, 15 minute walk (1/2 mile) to the meeting location. Currently, we plan to have escorts waiting in the lobby at 7:00 AM (if you want breakfast), (if you want to eat what's left) to escort you to the meeting location. They will be waiting for you in the lobby. If you come after you will have to use the map enclosed.
6. Parking: The parking on campus will be non-existent. The reasons for this are...the main parking garage will be closed and there will be a student orientation starting that morning. There are paid parking lots but cost $1.25 per hour. It would be easiest if you walk over in the morning. If you have a special need for parking let me know as soon as possible. Note, you will still have about a 5 minute walk from the parking lot to the meeting location.
7. Transportation from the airport to the hotel can be accomplished by renting a car or taking a shuttle. There are numerous airport shuttles that run from the airport to the Boulder Outlook. I recommend the following: SuperShuttle 303.444.0808 or Boulder Express 303.457.4646. Other options are listed at the listed website: http://www.bouldercoloradousa.com/transportation.html
8. There will be a welcome packet at the hotel registration desk. Please ask for it if you don't receive one. If you are not staying at the Boulder Outlook, please let me know so we can have your welcome packet waiting for you at your hotel.
9. You will need to pick up your registration materials on the morning of the July 12. Registration and breakfast will start at . If you leave the hotel with the first group at , you should have plenty of time to eat and get signed in.
10. My personal cell phone number is 303-378-4765 and will be on the night before the conference (July 11) and during the morning of the July 12 for any questions or help. Please don't hesitate to call.
See you soon.
303-492-4750 (work) 303-378-4765 (cell) 303-423-5736 (home)
This Site was last updated July 05, 2006